Was it wrong to take a shower with my boyfriends 3 year old daughter?

We went camping and there was one shower for 30 people, so I took my boyfriend's daughter with me to go take a shower Saturday morning. I washed her hair, gave her soap and washcloth and took turns with the hand held shower head. Her mom is beyond mad, that her daughter saw me naked. I do not get it why she is so mad. It seemed like the right thing to do since there was so many people that wanted to take a shower and this was the quickest way. I do not get it, what was wrong with that? I have changed her diaper, bathed her, put diaper rash cream on - many times. She knows me since she was 2 and a couple of months. My boyfriend and I are in a serious committed relationship and plan to get married someday soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Overall I think its fine. But i can see her point a little bit, she is the ex and is going to be protective over her. I would just apologize and let her know why you did it. Let her know since she was uncomfortable with it, it won't happen again. Just say that to make her happy LOL!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If I was the mom Id be pissed.

You are a girl friend NOT a wife and until you are the wife you need to keep a bit of decorum and that crossed a line.  Not that you can do anything you want once you are the wife but until there is a committment how do we know you will be the only girlfriend in and out of this child's life.  I think it was very wrong of the father to allow it.

Im on the moms side.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would not have done it. Didn't you think about how the mother would react? Would you want your child showering with someone you didn't know? A spurned woman is going to look for any reason she can find to give the new honey a hard time, and you just gave her a lot of ammunition to use against you. I think I would call and apologize for having made a bad decision.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, maybe it was a bad idea. I can kinda see where she's coming from on this one. You probably should have worn a bathing suit. With that being said, I don't reallly think what you did was wrong or anything you should be ashamed of. Just a bad idea cuz she's not your daughter ya know?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I do not think there is anything wrong with this. Did she want you to let her take a shower by herself? She is 2 and still small so I think it was fine.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i perosnaly dont see what is wrong with that exspecialy since it was a lil girl.. now if it had been a boy.. that would have been different.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 2:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that, what else could you have done really? Don't sweat it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Clearly MOM has issues with it, soit's wrong! When you are dealing with your child it's different then someone else's child. Yes it's your BF kids and he does have a say, etc. BUT BOTH parents need agree on things. If MOM does not agree with this then do NOT do it! Simple!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You couldn't have just wet a rag and washed her off? I don't think you should have taken her in the shower with you, she is NOT your child and you are NOT her mother or step mother.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010