Is it possible to pull off a surprise party for a 9 year old??

My son wants a sur[prise party but I lkeep telling him no. I think I'm going to try it though- what do you think are the chances that his classmates can keep quiet??

And yes, I am well prepared for the fact that someone will probably spill the beans!!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe ask the parents to keep quiet to. Most schools will have a directory with addresses and emails. Say like, Hi, My name is ____ I'm ____'s mom. I am planning a surprise party for __________ at (details here). Please help me keep the surprise by not discussing the party with _______ until closer to time! (You know how kids are) I do ask that you please RSVP @ ______________.
    Most parents will think this is pretty cool and help you out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• :-) I was thinking it would be possible until you said "classmates". Even if they don't directly tell him, he'd over hear them talking about it.
    Still, go for it. The worst that can happen is that he will find out, but he'd be happy you tried. I think it's sweet :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• soooo funny that you should post this. Im on the computer for just that reason, I was going to email so of dd friends to try and pull one off this wednesday night.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would not even try it until he is much older. Isn't part of the fun of a party the getting to look forward to it? Surprise him with something else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• ohh fun idea, but what about waiting until his 10th bday...the big double digit one LOL! If not I say go for it. But maybe tell the parents before the kids and tell the kids as it gets closer to the date.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• ^^^^ Love this answer!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• But Mommie hit the nail on the head
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 3:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I did it for my oldest's 8th birthday - we only had 1 school friend though - I e-mailed the friend's mom, told her what I was planning, that it was a suprise so either don't tell (friend) til the last minute or tell her she couldn't tell (my DD). The friend knew for a week and never spilled the beans! I LOVE But_Mommie's answer, same as what I did do pretty much.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010