The wheels on the bus go round and round...

I've never used a public bus before. Please let me know what to do.

-Do I bring a carseat for my 2 1/2 year old?
-Do I pay for both of us? (Or does he ride for free?)
-How much is it to ride the bus?
-Do I pay with cash, tickets or tokens? (Where would I get them?)
-Do I alert the driver when I want to get off or do they stop at each stop anyway?
-How do you know if you're on the right bus?

Sorry If I sound stupid, but I've never had this experience before. I'd like to know what to do, so I don't make a complete ass of myself!!

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Travel

• They don't have seatbelts so no carseat. Unless you need it where you're going, but you can't actually use it on the bus. Other than that, I've never used public transportation either so I can't help you other than that. I'm sure some of it varies place to place though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• go to greyhound.com they will be able to answer any and all questions you have
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• where i live, theres no seat belts..so if you want him buckled in maybe bring an umbrulla stroller..as for money i pay for JUST me..kids under 5 ride free..you pay with COINS..unless you have a bus pass..and when you get off you have to pull a string, ONE STOP AHEAD of where you wanna get off...or just ask the bus driver to let you off at a certain spot..as for if you have the right bus ask the driver before you get on if hes going where you need to go..and sit at the front of the bus so you can ask him questions..lol..good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2008