Im worried about my child and wondering if yours had the same symptoms

**He hasn't been eating, or if he has its been very little..(thought it was teething, but this has lasted since last wensday) he did have a mri and needed pain medication on tuesdsay... but he seemed fine that day and was eating well after the mri.. not sick or anything.
**He has been crying a lot louder and a different pitch in his voice... Sounds like it is horriable pain...(also thought it was due to teething pain)
**He used to bang his head when he had tantrums or wanting something... he hasn't been doing this lately when he is upset... Just cries really loud
**Doesn't want to play, get picked up, stand up... but he has crawled and may play for a few minutes off and on during the day... (depending on the toy, like our cell phone, remote etc.)
**Had a fever the other day of 103, but the doctor said it was due to teething and it did go down by the morning with pain reliever.
**He can barely stay up for an hour durin the day

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 3:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh by the way he is 14 months old.. and he has 4 teeth, his pain never seemed this bad ever
    mandie_jean

Comment by mandie_jean (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i'd call the doctor
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would get a second opinion, I am not sayin that to scare you, I just know that if that was my baby I would be talking to a new doc. It sounds like he has headaches or ear aches. I know my kiddo will change his voice pitch cause it makes his ears feel weird but if its hurting you LO then call a new doc if its feesable, I hope everything turns out ok, but it really does not sound like tooth pain...how old is he? how many teeth does he still have to get?
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 3:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would call the doctor again. I would also bring him in, it couldn't hurt. My doctor said anything over 102. is not teeth. My daughter will also run a fever with teeth which I do agree. Good Luck!! "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would get a second opinion from another doctor. For him to not to stay awake for more than an hour during the day..thats not normal. Something must be going on. Good Luck..I really hope you get to the bottom of it and he starts to feel better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• A 103 temperature would not be associated with teething. Call the doctor a different doctor. Get a second opinion.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010