What is it like to have all four of your wisdom teeth pulled?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 3:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• Well....it's not a lot of fun, but you should be back on your feet in about a week afterwards. Have someone take care of you, and don't overdo it after the surgery-stay in bed, or on the couch. My dd tried to get back to her usual activites the same day, and passed out. Take the narcotics as soon as you get out of surgery-before the anesthesia wears off. I can't stress this enough-TAKE THE DRUGS! and TAKE THEM IMMEDIATELY!! Eat some soft stuff first, like pudding, ice cream, soup, mashed taters, something to coat your stomach. It doesn't have to be a lot, but eat something. You'll do fine, lots of hugs.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Better than getting them done one at a time and being in pain 4 times!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I got all mine removed at the same time and it was a great decision because it was over with. two of my teeth were growing sideways and making all my teeth overlap each other. I had many head aches and teeth pain. After my gums healed my pain went away and my teeth no longer had that pressure!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It was ok. Got knocked out with gas i think but when i woke up i was finishing the conversation i was having before passing out.. It was funny bc hr or so passed and the doctor had no clue what i was saying. lol
    Brittyt4you_

Answer by Brittyt4you_ at 3:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was sedated all four where impacted and needed to come out, didn't feel a thing but a bit of discomfort after.

Answer by older at 3:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had all 4 of mine taken out a couple of years ago, finally--ugh, they were so bad! Anyway, the surgery itself was nothing, I don't remember it at all. I bled a lot afterward and that was probably the worst part of the whole thing. I bled all day after the surgery and it was very messy. The discomfort was mid-range...the pain meds (which I used sparingly) helped keep it in check. After a few days, I was just about as good as new, no problems at all. I used to be scared to death about it, but after having 2 c-sections, the wisdom tooth removal was a breeze, lol. And life has been much better without the teeth; they were causing me a lot of trouble.

Good luck to you if you're scheduled for yours...I will be driving my husband to get his out in 11 days. Woohoo!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Definatly go to an oral surgen, less pain or trama to the mouth. I went to one and didn't really need any pains meds and was fine in 24 hours. A few firends have had dentisit do it and they had major pain and swelling for days.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I never grew the ones on top, but I had both bottom ones and a molar on top pulled at the same time. I opted to be sedated with an IV to have it done. They stuck it in my arm, and next thing I knew they were waking me up :-) It hurt a bit and I couldn't drink from a straw for a while but it wasn't bad.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had all mine done at once. The actual getting it done part wasn't too bad...they numb you up pretty well.But I was uncomfortable from them having my mouth open so wide for so long. I ended up getting Lock Jaw (TMJ) from them having my jaw overextended for too long. Now, THAT was painful. I couldnt open my mouth any bigger than to put a straw between my lips for 3 weeks. Then I got dry socket from using a straw..but the straw was the only way I could get any kind of nourishment or fluids in my body! Dry socket is for the birds man..I don't know what hurt worse, the muscle spasms in my jaw from teh TMJ or the dry socket.
    Most people have a better experience than I had though. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had two done at one time. After they healed, had the other two pulled. Novacaine only. Did fine. Make sure you follow care instructions afterwards. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010