Tell me I'm dumb so I'll get over it.

My DD (2) and DS (6) are spending a few days with my parents. My son calls me a few min ago and informs me that my father took them to the Ga Aquarium. DH and I have been trying to figure out how to afford to go for a while now. The kids have never been and we thought they would love it and so it would be really fun. Well, when my son told me this my heart sank. I feel like they stole my thunder. I know it's dumb and I'm happy they got to go but I'm kinda sad I didn't get to share the excitement. GO ahead tell me I'm stupid. :0(

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not dumb. I felt the same way when my MIL took the grandkids to the zoo when my girl was 3. The next year we all went and she still had fun.
    You can always take them back. They'd still have fun. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The kids got the experience and that's the important part...now start brainstorming and saving for something else you've always wanted to do!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, not stupid. I can understand why you would feel let down on that one. Try to plan something else you can all look forward to.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• it's not dumb. you will just have to come up with something else really fun for them!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Nope not at all, similar things happen like that with my inlaws all the time. I just try to find other stuff to do and try to be happy that he got to go.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You're not dumb! But you can still take them. Stuff like that is always fun!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No,thats sweet that you wanted to share their first experience there!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You're not stupid just a little heartbroken. Just remember that you can always take them back. There's not rule that says they can only go once!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yeah....understandable... but, I'm sure there are other things just as good you can plan.
    texasmom010409

Answer by texasmom010409 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'd be disappointed too, but unless you told your parents not to take them because you wanted to, sounds like they were just doing something fun with the grandkids
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010