Does ever one that get a Vaginal Hysterctomy have to get a CATHERTER?Or come home with one. I would appreciate your HELP.

I am gettin a vaginal hysterctomy Oct 29 2008.

sirrera

Asked by sirrera at 10:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• I have the smiley face in my pubic hair, so I don’t know from personal experience, but, my girlfriend had a vaginal, and she went home with a catheter.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• When I had my surgery they put a catheter in while I was under anesthesia but it was out when I woke up.
    bren0867

Answer by bren0867 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I had a vaginal, and I had a catheter until the night before I went home from the hospital. But I didn't go home with it. With surgery, a person is usually too sore to get up much, and so I was actually glad for it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I had the old fashioned hystorectomy done 28 years ago and was young. But, a couple friends and my Mother in law had the vaginal one done and they just had a cath. while in the hospital.
    Hoping you will do well when they are all done.
    You will probably feel really well once you heal. The only thing that I regretted was not having more children. I was only 22 when I had mine done.
    AARKO

Answer by AARKO at 8:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Thank you all for answering .Counting 9 more days. Sandy
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 8:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2008