How to you get your kids up and moving in the morning?

After sleeping in all summer, how do you get them up and motivated, and getting ready in the morning? Share your tips & ideas!

sstepph

Asked by sstepph at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in

• we are out the door by 7:15 year round, so there is no adjustment for us
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son loves school! He'd go yearround if you let him. He's up and ready bright and early once school starts!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have always been a ray of sunshine in the morning, my daughters never gave me any problems, but my son was a pain in the neck, I resorted to a small water gun, and I would spray him to awaken him, only got to do this a few times, because he knew what was coming!

Answer by older at 3:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have never had this problem. We have a regular routine all year round, it never changes. So that is not an issue here.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I stand on the foot of the bed and sing Kumbaya.
    I had to do that Sunday morning to get my 15 yr old and her girlfriend up at 4:30am so they could catch the bus to camp.
    They were out of that bed before I finished the first verse!!!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• About a month before school starts we put them back on the school sleep schedule, which this year means they need to sleep in 30 min till 7am, whoo hooo. And having everything ready the night before lunchs, shoes, cloths laid out, backpacks. Last year we had it down to a science in 25 min. Most of that was doing hair, she really doesn't like having her hair brushed.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yep..we're on a year round schedule and it helps so much. Staying up late and sleeping in is for weekends only at my house.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 7:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i useually sing to them also like my mom use to do to me she would come in and sing it is time to get up it is time to get up in the morning allway's now i do it lol
    LOVEINGMYHUBBY

Answer by LOVEINGMYHUBBY at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You give them an alarm clock, and make sure that they get to bed on time.

One day of going to school in pajamas will cure them

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My kids got an alarm clock before kindergarten. They use it. If they're not up, I get louder and louder until they get up. It really isn't a problem. We drag our butts for a few days, but then we get into the swing of things.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

Next question in
Horrible GPA

Next question overall (Relationships)
another set back