Frizzy hair?

How do you keep your hair from getting frizzy in the summertime ?

sstepph

Asked by sstepph at 3:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use my daughter's Suave detangler conditioner spray. It's in a green bottle and is apple scented. It works great for my frizzies which are usually so bad I need to hold my hair down to walk through the door (slight exaggeration but not by much!).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i put neutrogena leave in conditioner in my hair and frizz -eaze works good too. but if its really humid out, it still gets frizzy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use Tresemme's Curl Hydration lotion creme and Garnier Fructise Style brilliantine shine water-based shine wax

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Good hydrating sampoo and conditioner, I like dove. And a good quality mouse is what I use. I find a lot of leave in creams and conditioners just way down my curls. Also a good hair cut that works with your hair helps. Once I got it cut into short layers and made it shorter a lot of the frizzyness went away. My hair just isn't ment to be long. That works will with to small kids.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've got very frizzy hair, and when I was younger my mom never knew what to do with it. I use clear serums (usually the kind you rub through your hair, not the sprays) and rub through my hair while still damp (not drenched). Careful not to use too much as it could leave your hair looking oily. I was told by a stylist that if you blow dry your frizzy hair, that you should only blow dry it to where it is slightly damp, not completely dry as it will make it worse. Also recommended to use a wide tooth comb or toothpick on the hair, no brushes, and to style while slightly damp (if not using flat iron, curling iron, etc).
    Cindy1023

Answer by Cindy1023 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've had unruly hair my entire life! Man, I had some tough days in middle and high school b/c my hair was a hot mess! I discovered Kerestase through my stylist and my hair prayers were answered! I use a dime-sized drop on wet hair, blow dry with roundy brush, then smooth straight with my CHI flat iron. LOVE IT! Get a CHI, they're costly, but soooo worth it!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Argon Oil smells wonderful and really keeps the frizzies at bay and I let my hair air dry
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use protein treatments.. (once a week)

a stay straight gel before blowdrying

and a thermo protection spray before staightening.

if it's really humid, I'll use a finishing spray to hold it better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• and cindy is right, don't blow dry until it's bone dry.. just blow dry to a slight damp.. and WITH the cuticle, not against it.. (example.. don't blow dry your hair with your head upside down and your blowdryer pointing up..instead for the volumized look, keep the blowdryer pointing down, and a concentrator helps too)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Always use a conditioner and use a smoothing serum like Biosilk
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010