For those of you with toddlers have they been extra clingy now that you are pregnant again?

My 20 month old has been EXTRA clingy she only wants me and only me. Before she only wanted her dad, even when I first became pregnant it was all about him. But now these past 2 weeks she cries if I leave the room or whatever I might do. I'm further along in my pregnancy now (29 weeks tomorrow) and I'm thinking maybe she senses that or something who know slol.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 3:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm still in the first trimester but my daughter is doing the same thing! In fact, she wants to sit in my lap (RIGHT on my stomach) more now. Very uncomfortable! Try distracting your daughter with other toys, etc. Maybe even plan a special trip to the toy store to get her something special just for her. She probably knows something is different (afterall, mommy is getting bigger) but is not sure what it is and that is making her nervous and insecure. Reassure her often and give in to some extra snuggles. Definately make it about YOU and HER and don't mention the baby or she will learn that the baby is coming first instead of her. Also, try to get her into baby dolls as practice for her. Hope all this makes sense! My brain is running faster than my hands can type! Pregnancy Brain=Nonsensical Answers!
    DanielleB10

Answer by DanielleB10 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i'm about 27 weeks and my 3 yr old is my shadow! she cant leave me alone. she hates it when i leave the room. if dh gives me a hug or something she even tries to pry us apart so she can hug me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yeah, I went through that with the second, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• jennifer588 - my daughter does the same thing lol, except when we hug she usually just says stop it, stop it. then come and hug me instead haha.

DanielleB10 - I totally understand what you are saying lol! Well I try to let her know that there is baby in my stomach so she will randomly say baby and point at my stomach. The good thing is that she does have babydolls and she rocks them to sleep and feeds them, wraps them up etc. I take credit for that one lol, but you are right I need to make more time for her and me only.
    cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes... my 22-month old will not leave me alone. He still wants to sit on my lap and for me to carry him everywhere. I'm 36-weeks pregnant, so it's rather difficult right now. Good luck!
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010