Am I the only one who really doesn't want to go to Disney?

For some reason the thought of planning and going just seems overwhelming. Whenever I hear people talk about it I just think that sounds like just too much. Trying to cram so much in and getting from place to place and you have to plan your dining 6 months ahead. I don't know if my son really cares or not. So I was thinking maybe the disney cruise, so just wondering if I am the only one.

choco_mom

Asked by choco_mom at 3:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Travel

• it really doesnt have to be that big of a deal. you dont have to try to go to every place.
    you can pick 1 or 2 that you really want to go to.
    its fun. your son will love it. definatly worth it IMO.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i wouldnt mind going to disney if i knew it wasnt going to be crowded. i don't know about a cruise..i'm thinking it would be nuts..a bunch of screaming children running around a cruise ship, no thanks.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've never had the desire to go to Disney.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• everytime someone mentions going to disney land i think to myself "sounds like something for the kids while i just watch?" so it doesnt sound fun at all. i rather stay at home
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• and think about the lines, feet hurting, sunburn, expensive food, etc!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I grew up in So. Cal. and went to Disney all the time when it was about $8 to get in, and then you used tickets for the rides. We have taken the kids there too.

It was fun for a day trip but I would NEVER consider paying all that money to go to a place like Disneyworld. It is hot, the tourists are obnoxious, it is hugely expensive, etc.

Now dont get me wrong... we LOVE to vacation and have no problem saving and spending... but on real things like spending a week in NYC with museums and history, we like Boston and again there is real history, we go skiing and to beaches... where there are actual activitiesthat you do with your body and not just sit and be entertained. Disneyland is fine because it is small and doable in one day and I feel that is plenty of time.

I guess my sense of fun is more physical and doesnt include huge crowds

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I feel you! I have been to disney world and disney land.
    My kids have never been and my dd is 10 and ds is 6. All four of us are into the natural world and we don't have a ton of money. My dh and I are so torn. We would really rather spend what little money we have on seeing things like the beach and nature than an amusement park that is a prefab~world w/nick nacks for sale every time you turn around.
    I am the type that feels guilty if my kids don't experience something so,I am still torn. I don't want them to be resentful later but since it's my call as a parent,I just have a hard time w/the idea of spending money on it.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My DH has NO desire to go to Disney. He'd rather go on family vacations that are unique and less-crowded. I'd like to take DD to Disney. Mostly because I REALLY wanted to go when I was a little girl, and I just assume she does too.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 3:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We have never been and hopefully I can live the rest of my life without having to go! :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Are you going? If you are, here are some helpful hints. Disney isn't that bad. It's what you make it. Do not over pack. You will need a space for things you have bought. Do make a list of things you want to do. Find out when and where the characters will be giving autographs. TAKE BREAKS...go swimming...go early in the mornings and around lunch...take a break. Check to see if they still offer nights where you can get back into the parks after hours. I have gone to Disney many times and what I haven't done, I haven't missed. I have never done the blizzard beach or lagoon. I have gone to all the parks. do a park hopper...that comes in real handy. Get a room that has a fridge and buy your own snacks, sandwich stuff...etc. Do see all the parades...Don't be one of those parents that rush their kid around the parks to see everything...it's not good on you and especially not good for the kids...expect someone to get sick so bring med
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010