costume help...

I always make my kid's halloween costumes and this is when I usually get started. This year my daughter is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz ( my son is the lion, my friend's boys are going to be the tin man and scarecrow...all of their costumes are down pat) .... I have the main parts of her costume ( the blue and white outfit and hairbows) ... but I want something more to it... I was thinking of putting a blue tutu under to where you can see it a little and also give it a little pouf ... her hair isnt that long and I wont beable to get it into braids because of the way her bangs curl so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on that or any other ideas on other ways I can make her costume stand out more ? Thanks !

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 3:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oh and I forgot.. I do have the red shoes lol
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Maybe braid some yarn and attach it to a hat??? I know Dorothy didn't wear a hat, but if you could make one to match her dress, that might be cute??
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Dorothy didn't have braids. LOL She went from low pig tails to having part of her hair pulled up. Do you have a picnic basket and a small dog to put in it? The tutu would be cute.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oh, lol.... I havent seen it in years and every search I did of the costume, they had braids lol.....

and yes we have a basket which i am going to line with the gingham fabric and maybe a mini tutu around it ...and I am going to either put a small stuffed dog in it or make a fabric dog to attach to the ( inside) side so she can put her candy in it ...
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• She didn't have french braids?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Dorothy amazed!press x to close

> Home

> Dorothy
    > Wizard
    > Scarecrow
    > Lion
    > Tin Man
    > Good Witch
    > Wicked Witch
    > Auntie Em
    > Toto
    > Munchkins
    > Monkeys

>Contact Me
    >Links
    Wizard Of Oz Pictures
    The best internet resource for quality pictures from the amazing classic movie The Wizard Of Oz !!!

* Dorothy Pictures *
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more!
    (click to enlarge)

| Family Guy Game | Celebrity Screencaps | Watch Movies Online |

Site - Privacy Policy
    Site © Wizard Of Oz
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010