How old was your daughter when she got her first period?

My oldest was 11 the second was 10 and so was my my yougest she is 10. My 10yr old Molly got her first one last week and she was mad as hell. She knew what to expect as we had talked about it for sometime and she would just say "nope not me Im not going to have to wear a diaper". It jus feels so weird I mean she is so young and still plays with barbies and playdough. When she got it I had to go and get some more pads and she was with me in the femine hygene asile and then we go and get a Mr. Patoe Head to cheer her up. It is just so strange she is still so young.

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• 12yo hers started 2 months ago.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My oldest just turned 10 and no sign of it yet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• 14. I thought there was something wrong with her because I was 12, but the DR. said it was perfectly fine and normal to start that late.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• All 3 of mine started theirs when they were around 10 or 11 years old, too. I didn't start mine until I was 12.
    They were mad when I wouldn't allow them to use tampons. I just couldn't separate the need to use those from my daughter inserting a foreign object into her innocent body....it was too weird for me. I eased up, though, when my second daughter was 17 years old and begged me to use one so she could go swimming while she was on her period. Then I allowed my youngest daughter to use them at the age of 15.
    They grow up so fast!!!!! TOO fast, if you ask me!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It all depends on each girl is different. For some reason girls r getting them alot earlier these days. I was 14 when I got mine!! Just watch them cause now,since they can get periods they can also get pregnant!! Just make sure u know where they r going and with who and what they r doing!! I don't want to scare u but having a young lady now for a daughter can be scarey!! Good luck!! message me if u want to talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daughter was 12.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My 11yr almost 12 (sept), started hers 4th of july weekend. We have talked about it for years, and this past school did a health/sex class. She will pay with things like stuffed animals or dolls or barbies but only with her 6yr sister.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• 11
    Jennymomma3

Answer by Jennymomma3 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have no daughters...but, I was 15 almost 16 when I started. Geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My older daughter was about 13 but my younger was 11. Seems sad to us as mothers for them to grow up so young but I got mine at 12 and I remember being so excited about it. Little did I know then!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2010