Stay home or go back to work?

Here is a nice tool to help you decide.

http://www.childcareaware.org/en/tools/decision_making_tool/

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• That tool is a little more difficult than others I've seen, at least for the financing. It still came up with the same result...at this point in my life, staying home makes no sense.

But I do like that it looks at more than just the finances. When we COULD afford for me to stay home, I did...and hated it after about two weeks. My son didn't like it either.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would stay home if I could.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm going back to work next week. My girl starts school tomorrow and I'll be taking the rest of this week to my self :-) Then hitting the job search hard and going back part time while she's in school.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Was it a tough choice or did you have a pretty east time making the decision?
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have to work since I am now a single mom. But I love it way more than I ever would have thought.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• There is nothing in the world like being a stay at home Mom. If it is at all possible I would highly recommend it. You miss out on so much when you are not home with them.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am sorry, I disagree. If you need the money, seriously, work. If you do not want to leave your house, babysit or find a job from home. I don't think it's right to stay home unless your husband is making good money. If you can afford to pay all your bills, get groceries and have money left over all one income, great. Otherwise, I don't agree.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a home based business that is great for anyone wanting to spend more time with their children. Just ask and I will share this opportunity!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 12:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Definitely stay home. No one loves & cares for my kids like me. I'm not gonna pay someone to do it 1/2 way when I can do it best. There will be plenty of "me time" when they are a bit older & that comes all too fast as it is. I find it quite sad that a mom can hate being home with her child & assume that her child doesn' t like it either.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010