Would I kno if know if my water broke?

I sneezed pretty hard earlier and some fluid came out. It didn't have any smell to it at all. Just watery. Nothing really since so I am assuming this couldn't be the water...or could it? Any thoughts? I am 38 weeks almost and been having pretty intense pressure and braxtons all weekend. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You just peed your pants honey.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Big gush of water which will be warm, and it will be all at once.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• With DD I had a big gush of water, but with DS I just kept leaking but it never stopped.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It very well could be, although it's more likely to be discharge, maybe even urine.

Water leaking can be VERY subtle.
    Usually urine will have odor-color.

Since you're within the due period you can watch and wait... eventually you will be in labor and the water will break (completely, or else baby can be born in the sac, intact).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The doctors broke my water with my first, and with my second the water broke on its own before I even went into labor.
    When your water breaks, you will leak (make sure to stay hydrated!) until the baby comes out. You will know what it is, there is no mistaking it! :D
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would have it checked out! U can be leaking!! Get to a doctor!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ruptured membranes are not an emergency~ especially if it's a super subtle high leak / one layer rupture.

The sac(s) can reseal, too...

It's important to know what's going on, but be aware that "getting checked out" might involve a vaginal exam which is the #1 risk for ROM.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You'd know if your water broke.... I think... At least I did... I think your just peed yourself hun!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 4:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You would know if your water broke its alot of water at once and its very warm. i would aggree you just peed yourself
    Mommytocody

Answer by Mommytocody at 4:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• mine didnt break but i was leaking and you will DEFINATELY know because the fluid has a very STRONG smell. not a nasty smell but its kinda bleachy like ammonia or bleach or something, it smells like a cleaning product. i was only leaking a small amount, not even enough to tell but i could SMELL it as soon as i wiped.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010