How should I word this e-mail?

For the past few months, I have put in several job applications. Some were to the same company that my husband works for. I was offered a job with another company last week and accepted it. Today, I received an e-mail from my husband's boss saying that they would like me to fill out some more paperwork and a background consent form. This e-mail was sent to several people. I need to e-mail him back and let him know that I have already accepted another position. How should I word this?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Dear Hiring Manager:

Thank you for considering me for the position of ____________. I have been offered, and accepted another postion.

Best of luck with your search.

Sincerely,

________________

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thanks for considering me. I have was offered a position at _________and have accepted. Thank you again for considering me and I wish you luck in your search.

Sweet, simple, to the point.
    And congrats for the new job!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sounds like it's a general form letter if it's sent to multiple people. Start out with, "Thank you for the opportunity and for gettting back to me. However, I have accepted another position elsewhere." I don't think you really need to say too much. Just answer politely so you don't burn any bridges.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thank you for taking the time to email me, but I have already accepted another position.

Answer by older at 3:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would thank them so much for their time and for the oppurtunity but let them know that you were offered a position and you have taken it. Just let them know how much you appreciate the oppurtunity (in case you ever want to apply there again) but it's bad timeing because you had just accepted another offer. They should be understading and happy for you that you were able to find something.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Like the others said. But, I would NOT put in the name of where you were hired - that's not anything they need to know.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010