Kicking

I am 18 weeks pregnant and started feeling what I think are flutters about a week ago. What my question is, when do you feel actual kicking, like the kind your husband can feel. He is very jealous right now because I can feel the baby and he can not. So he wants to know when did the baby's daddy feel the baby kicking.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 10:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i take it this is your first? the first kick my family and boyfriend felt i was around 20 weeks, my son was very active even on a sonogram at 11 weeks he was wiggling everywhere. i felt my first flutter at 14 weeks. they say between 16 and 26 weeks. but once you feel a big one once, youll be feeling them all the time!! and then youll get woken up in the middle of the night to kicks to the bladder and punches to your ribs!

goodluck!
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 10:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think it was about 22-24 weeks for us....Just keep watch.. when you can see your tummy move he will be able to feel it:o)
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Although my baby was fluttering that i could feel at around 20 weeks, he didn't start REALLY kicking until about 26 weeks. It was really frustrating having to wait, but once the big kicks start they won't stop! Enjoy this special time. Although your husband may be jealous of not being able to feel the kicking yet, i am sure he wasn't jealous of morning sickness, overactive bladder, and the inability to sleep comfortably. The baby kicking softly at first is like a small prize only for mommies for doing so great for the first half ot their pregnancy :).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• there are so many factors that can play into it... how the uterus is shaped, how the baby is laying, how active the baby is, how rough ur husbands hands are.... for my first one he felt it at 22 weeks, i was carrying high and in front..... with my second one (my kids have different dads) he felt it at 17 weeks, i was carrying low and in front and he was a very active baby.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Same here ..  I was about 20 wks when I felt my daughter kick hard enough for someone else to feel her also.  It's an AWESOME feeling (one that I miss).  Once you feel your baby move you and your partner will be counting down the days even more.

Good luck!!!

KenadysMom

Answer by KenadysMom at 12:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2008