my baby does'nt want to walk??

she just turned one what else could i do to help her walk??

canucha

Asked by canucha at 3:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her time. Some walk at 9 months, some don't until 18 months. Just keep what you're doing, practicing with her and encouraging her but don't push. She will want to learn eventually.
    My own girl showed no interest until 15 months and was 16 months before she had it down.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• is she pulling up? standing on her? any of that kind of stuff. its hard to give advice with so little information.
    rissadan

Answer by rissadan at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• All children mature that their own pace. If your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be either.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• All babies develop differently. My DS just turned 1 July 20th and the Pediatrician told me that it is normal that he isn't walking yet. My middle son started at about 14 months. You really can't do anything that i know of to help her walk. My son is pulling up, and i am sure he will take that first step when he is ready. Did you ask her Pediatrician about it if you were concerned?
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son took of at 14 months...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. My son just turned one and he's still not walking. He's walking along the furniture and walking with a walker like a pro so I know he'll be walking soon. My daughter didn't walk until like 14 months old.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 3:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• She just isn't ready yet! None of my kids walked until they were 14-15 months old.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yup just like all the others said all babies are different. My oldest was walking a 9 months and running at 10 months. My youngest didnt walk until she was about 14-15 months. Give her time :) enjoy the snugglins that you get when they cant get away for a little longer :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Don't fret Momma! Every Milestone comes when the child is ready. Try and make her walk for "something". My DH would come home from work and roll a ball to my DS. Then he would bounce it to him & excite him. Then I would hold him standing and Daddy would say come & get it!! & my DS would eventually waddle/stumble to him for the ball. Try making her climb up for a toy that is on the couch or soft chair. Give her a reason to stand & then a reason to walk. It will all come in time just like verything else. Just have fun & don't stress out! Good Luck! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Don't worry, my dd didn'y walk until 15 months. She was scared of falling,lol. Since then she has also outgrew that feeling also, and now jumps and runs into althing she can think of. Relax and enjoy her not walking while you still can, lol.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010