Pull-ups or Diapers?

As your little ones are potty training which do you prefer? I prefer the price of the diapers but it is nice when they can take them off and put a new pull up on without help. It may make me lazy but it is nice when they are a little more independent.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in

• Me too diapers for the prize and pull ups for the convenience.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I potty trained 3 kids and never used pull ups. I waited until they were ready and we trained in about a weekend. No need for pull ups.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Mine went straight to undies at 2.5....He could pull down those.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I liked the pull ups. It was like a step-up for my son and he was proud of wearing them, it was easier for him to pull up and down himself and gave the protection needed to save his clothes from getting wet.They worked well for us. Will most likely get them for our daughter soon too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Pull-ups
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We just started pull ups today...gonna see how that goes. I know the Pampers Easy Ups at the Walmart here are priced to match the diapers, but they give my DD such a rash...I got 58 pullups for 20 dollars and I normally get 60 pampers baby dry diapers for 20 dollars so not that big a difference here
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 3:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No Pull ups... Diapers to Panties in 3 days....

It feels like a diaper to the child so it may slow down PT....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My toddler's not potty trained yet, but we swtiched to pull-ups because she kept taking her diaper off and we were wasting a lot of them because the tabs would no longer stick. The pull-ups aren't as bulky and she's only taken them off, maybe three times. I buy them in bulk at KMart and can get 68 of them for $20, so they are definately a lot cheaper than diapers.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When my daughter gets there I'll start buying pull ups. That's what my niece has and it's going pretty well lol
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We did pull ups with our daughter for a few months. She never messed in them or anything but we were moving and it was in the middle of training her. I was expecting tons of accidents because of the move, stress of being in a new place but she did well. After a few months we took them off her and she never went back.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010