When you clean the whole house where do you start?

Also do you clean the kids room or do they do it them self? Do they help you clean?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i start by picking everything up , usually in the family room/kitchen, then i dust/sweep/vacuum/mop..
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I always start in the kitchen. The kids pick up their rooms, but I usually help them sweep/dust/etc.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oh and i clean the kids room since my oldest is only 2!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

• the living room. then kitchen. then bathroom. my dd is only 3 so she helps me put her toys away and stuff but the bigger cleaning i do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I usually start in the kitchen. And yes, I clean the kids' room, well I vacuum and dust....they clean up their toys.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• With the Kitchen and Bathrooms, that way I can clean the floor and knock it all on the carpet to be vacumed.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I start with the general areas, where we all congregate... the living room and the dining room. Then I just make my way around the house to the areas less likely to be seen by guests (not that we have many, LOL). My boys clean their own room, unless they are being punished for some reason, then I go in and take everything out and toss it all. But they are also 10 and 8. All of my kids help me clean, even my youngest who is 3. I had out bottles of vinegar and water and some rags and they clean the surfaces, dust, clean the windows and mirrors. Sometimes one of my boys will ask to vacuum or mop, no way am I turning that down! LOL My 3 year old loves to help me clean though. We can get the whole house deep cleaned every Friday in about 4 hours.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I start with the downstairs rooms- Livingroom, bathroom, kitchen, and study and then do the upstairs- Master Bedroom, bathroom, son's room. I have been cleaning my son's room but I have decided no more. I will do the deep cleaning and the vacuuming & dusting but from now on, he is in charge of keeping his room in order. He does help with small household chores. He loves to fold towels, sweep, mop, and wash dishes.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I start in the living room go to the kitchen, then my room. Kyra does her own. I help with the heavy stuff and she helps with the main house too. The only thing she doesn't do is vacuum and that's because our vacuum is a little too big for her to use.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Kids 2 or older should clean thier own room.
    Start at your clutter spot. Every home has one. Here it is the kitchen table. Where does everyone dump thier things when they get home or leave thier rooms...start there. I also start in the kitchen because the sink and cleaning supplies cupbourd is there. So I guess you could just do that and start where your supplies are.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010