Can anyone recommend a good book on parenting toddlers?

Something that with alot of general information, not just potty training or medical but that covers a variety of topics.

tishseven

Asked by tishseven at 3:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Best books Ive read:
    -Nurture Shock (about nurturing your child. school. and other interesting studies that have been done. It does not GIVE you a conclusion to anything, it lets you decide for yourself what you think is best from the research.)
    -Einstein Never Used Flashcards (great book about toddlers learning & how we are pushing too much)
    -The NDD Book (amazing book about nutrition! not to be ignored)
    -Into The Mind of Babes (Great stuff about Tv & how it effects our kids.)
    I wish every parent would read a few of these..

Ive also read "Happiest Toddler on the block" was not happy with it at all.. Its everything most of us already known put in a book. Bla.
    And Ive read "The New Dare to Discipline" it was O.K but I was not crazy over it that much at all..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Funny....I don't seem to have time to read...I have a toddler. =) More seriously...I pick up a lot from Parents Magazine. I find it an excellent source of the most up to date information.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Setting Limits with your Strong Willed child is a good one to read. I also have a Supernanny book that is great.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 4:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I second PP's recomendation of "Einstein Never Used Flash Cards". Great book. Also, "Simplicity Parenting" was really good.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010