Does anyone live in a condo or townhouse and has an older child?

We live in a condo and have a 5 year old. We had planned on moving before he started school but we love the school that he is zoned for. We can't afford to buy a house in this area though, so we have decided to stay until he is in middle school. Anyways, I was wondering how well you like living in a condo with an older child? I enjoy not having some of the responsiblities (mowing grass, general upkeep) and it is less expensive, but I worry about my son not being able to go outside and explore the woods and have room to play outside like I did when I was a child. For you do the pros outweigh the cons? Or vice versa?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We live in an area where there are a ton of condo buildings and there are several children living in them. I would suggest just taking him/her to the park/playground as much as possible so he/she can still run outdoors. Some of the condos have great amenities like pools, exercise rooms, tennis courts, etc. I don't think growing up in a condo is better or worse than a house. I think they are the same. Basically take that time that you would spend mowing the lawn and take him/her to the park instead.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2010