question about cost of clomid?

i saw a qustion that said this "I hate spending all this money and just seeing it go to waste (clomid) now that i am preg".. i am just curious if clomid is covered by insurance and if not how much does it cost? just curious.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it's covered, how much depends on your insurance. I had a co-pay but I can't remember how much it was. I was actually taking a break from it when I got pregnant with my (now 3 year old) son. Go figure! And it was actually a waste of money for me because DH couldn't get it through his head that we had to follow a certain schedule for it to possibly yield any results. It was so aggravating, LOL. But good luck!

thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Clomid was not covered by my insurance (Anthem) when I took it in 2004 and I was suppose to take 2 pills a day for 5 days and it cost $90 then. A lot of fertility drugs therapy and procedures even Dr. visits weren't covered when we were trying it.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• can your OB not right perscriptions for clomid or do you have to see a fertility specialist?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oops..i meant write..my hands are thinking for me today instead of my brain =)
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The cost of clomid depends on if its generic or brand named. Also what pharmacy you got it from. I paid 60 bucks for a 4 month supply of clomid at one point and only used it twice that time. Yes your OB can give you a script or clomid but I would not recommend getting it from an OB I would recommend seeing a fertility specialist because OB's don't often run all the test they should before giving it to you. Also depending on the amount of days you start it you may only be able to use it for a shorter amount of time. Some women don't even need clomid and they are prescribed it wasting money, time, and essential screwing them up further.

SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 2:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• at walmart it is 9$ per 50 mg
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's pretty cheap at Target too.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 10:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010