Does smoking bother you even if it's done outside or in a smoking area?

It only bothers me if it's done in my car and in my house. Otherwise, if it's in a public environment or outside it doesn't bother me. It's not like I'll be around it forever.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, my parents are smokers and they go outside to smoke when they come to visit. I am a migraine sufferer and smoking just irritates it...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It bothers me wherever, but I can't stop people from smoking. If they want to cut their lives short, well hey who am I stop 'em? ;)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I live with 2 smokers (DH and our roommate). It bothers me, quite a bit.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If I can smell it it bothers me. If the smoker is outside and I am outside, I can deal with it. But If I am in my car or in my house and it filters in, it does bother me. Those places should be smoke free. I don't smoke there, and shouldn't have to smell it. Also If I am walking into a building and have to walk through a cloud of smoke it pisses me off too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No it doesn't bother me...other people can do what they want.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I hate the smell of smoke no matter where someone is smoking it, it most defidently isn't allowed in my house or vehicle. My SO smokes and I make him go away from the house to do it. Especially now that I'm pregnant.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I grew up with smokers so it doens't bother me. The only time it gets to me a little is in the car. I get very bad motion sickness and if I'm not driving and someone is smoking it makes me sicker.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Smokers do not realize how much they absolutely reek. Not just them, but their homes and their cars and their kids (even when I was in school, people automatically assumed the smokers' kids all smoked because of the smell that followed them around from their coats, even if they'd never tried one) And yeah, the smell is a lot to take, especially in a confined space. The fact that they aren't smoking at the moment is irrelevant - it's soaked into their hair and clothes. If you work with smokers and share a coat room, everyone's coat stinks by the end of the day. That alone is a "bother."

Add to that having to hold your breath to walk through the cloud outside most buildings 2 feet from the door... *cue all the "considerate" smokers who will now tell us all how they walk 50 feet away and hang air freshener from their ears*
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I personally think that the non-smokers are just f-ing snobs about the whole situation. If people wanna smoke LET EM! You don't have to do it so why be a nag just because someone else does.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I hate smoke anywhere & I find it so rude & inconsiderate when smokers stand right in front of building doors smoking, making everyone have to walk through their smoke when they go in or come out. It should be banned everywhere except in a smoker's home & car. And if there are children in the family, it should be banned inside the home & car.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010