if i live with my parents and put a restraining order on my SIL, what would happen if i moved 75 feet away from her if the order requires you to stay away from her more then that?

im in the process of remodeling and the house is only a few feet away from where she lives. if i lived with my parents and filed a harrassement order on her, can i still move into my remodeled house when its finished or did i screw myself?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that isnt going to work...my neighbor tried putting a restraining order on me when i was like 14 and she couldnt we were too close.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree, you've screwed yourself. It wouldn't make sense for you to have a restraining order against her then turn around and move closer to her.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you screwed yourself... how can she keep away if you move in next door?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i think you kinda screwed yourself.... She can call the police on you if you are going within however many feet of each other and then YOU will be in violation of the order.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would think that you would have to abid by the order as well as her. If says she has to stay so many feet away from you then you should stay away from her too.

JMO, I don't know the exact laws.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You would be violating the restraining order. You are also required to follow it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think legally she's have to move, If you went to a grocery store and she was there then she'd have to leave her cart and wait for you to finish or leave. Or you could get introuble for knowingly moving close to her
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010