What is your kids' morning "routine" like before school?

During the school year, what does a typical morning look like in your house for you and your kids? What do your kids do when they get up, and in what order, to get ready for school. IE: first they get dressed, then they eat, or whatever, etc.

sarahmae3

Asked by sarahmae3 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get up.
    Have breakfast.
    Brush teeth.
    Get dressed.
    Get things ready for school/daycare.
    Play.
    Then leave for the day.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• get up
    breakfast
    get dressed
    brush teeth
    brush hair
    watch tv if there's any time left
    leave
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 4:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't like for my son to feel rushed. So we wake up very early (but go to bed equally very early), snuggle in bed for a while before actually crawling out of bed, play in the playroom for a little while, then I assist him getting dressed in the playroom. This way no pressure and he can take his time. Brush teeth, sit at the breakfast table, talk and tell jokes. Then we get into the car and I take him to school. We do the car line and someone comes to take him out of his seat and escort him to his class. I don't want him to be rushed and the few times we were turned into awful mornings and even more stressful school day for him. So my key to success is packing the night before, putting what I can in my car, make lunch the night before, and then have a low impact non rush morning. Snuggling in the morning helps a tons. Sets the tone for the day and gives us time to tell him what a great kid he is.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My kids do everything on their own. I just wake them at 6:45am. As long as they are ready to go at 7:35 I don't interfere. Normally they get up, eat, get dressed and then watch TV while making sure their bags are ready, shoes are on and hair is brushed. Once they started walking to school on their own I didn't have to do much more except make sure they left on time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• get up
    get dressed
    breakfast
    brush teeth
    brush hair
    leave
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• get up at 5:00 AM
    get dressed
    make bed

eat breakfast
    brush teeth
    out the door by 5:30 AM to sitters
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010