28 week ultrasound and they say baby is in the 96% for weight how concerned should I be?

SweetOrangeMama

Asked by SweetOrangeMama at 4:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you shouldnt :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• U/S can be way off....do not rely on those. Just continue on...and relax. It just means your baby is lacking and there are no slow develop issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You shouldn't sweetie. Ultrasounds can be way off when it comes to weight.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• As concerned as your doctor says you should be
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No need to be concerned. U/s are not always right on. They told me my daughter would be 8 pounds almost 9 and she came out barely 6 pounds. So no need for concern and no need to stress :)
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 5:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well they said about the same about my first born and when he was born he was only 7% for weight and the ultrasound for me was done at 30 weeks. My second the ultrasound said she was about 10% for weight at 27 weeks and she came out at 62%. Ultrasound weights are estimates only and can be off by plus or minus 20%. They like to play the big baby card to try to get women to induce early or agree to an unnecessary c-section.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• They told me my son would be less then 5.5lbs at birth... Had an u/s 3 days before I had my son... he was born 6.5! So, I think they are way off when it comes to weight...
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 5:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not at all, ultrasounds can be off. They told me my daughter was going to be between 8lbs 12oz - 9lbs 12oz , she ended up being 8lbs 3oz lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010