Anyone going back to school themselves?

I'm going back late September to "attempt" to finish my degree. We'll see though.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in

• I've been seriously thinking about it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• congrats on going back to school. I went back about 1 1/2 years ago PT only though, I've had the summer off I go back Monday August 16th, taking 2 classes and helping my hubby with his, not looking forward to it!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yeah I'm going back and I know it's going to be tough. Cause not only will I be taking three five credit courses (which means more damn homework) but I also have a new born baby that i'll have to take care of. Between school and that, I'm liable to go nuts.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The only downside of going to back to college is you never know what the job market will be like in 4 years time. I remember when I was first starting college in 1997 there was a nurse's shortage so that was the "in" degree to get. Now those jobs are scarce like so many others. I get stuff from the local colleges about going back for a masters but I really don't want to put the time (and more importantly money we don't have) in it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I returned to college (in 2008) after a 22 year hiatus and will be going for the next 10 years (I figure). Would love a Master's but will settle for a Bachelor's.

Sounds like you are carrying an extremely heavy credit load with a newborn baby. You might want to wait a year until the baby is a little more self sufficient.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am just afraid that if I put it off I'll never go back.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am! I am!
    I graduated high school in 2003. In 2005, I decided to take a break from college and try my hand at becoming a musician. Now it's back to business!
    kelli0585

Answer by kelli0585 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would love to. I am going to try to take some online core classes & figure out what I want to do.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Nope. I finished college in '99 and grad school in '07. I may go back in 2012 though for more grad school.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yep. I start on my masters in a few weeks.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010