When is it time to call it quits... Need advice :/

Where to start... Okay, I have been with my husband for a little over 5 years now. We have a 2 year old son.. & Im thinking about leaving him. I feel bad for feeling this way and potentially "breaking up a home".. But I dont know if I can take it anymore. I work part time and pay the internet/phone/cable bill. But he pays all the other bills. I buy groceries and whatever we need around the house. I do all the cleaning and laundry. But its like no matter what I do its never enough, it doesnt matter. Its always about what he does for everyone else, he fails to see what is done for him. He has been drinking almost every night even though Ive asked him not to. Our son has been sick and I was up till almost 6:30am with him. Then my husband wakes me up at 7:30 telling me Im a pig, I need to clean the house. I feel like Id be happier if I left, but I would feel bad splitting up the family. I dont know what to do anymore. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• You have to do what is right for you.
    It's not a home if nobody is happy. It's not a home just because you're married or you have kids. It's a home only when everyone in the home love and care about one another, do the best for each other and themselves, etc. You can't expect to stay with someone who doesn't appriciate what you do. YOu can't expect to stay with someone who doesn't appriciate what you do for them especially. If you are at a breaking point .. Then maybe it is time for you to end it before it gets worse.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Do you feel like you still love your husband? I am not one to promote leaving a spouse without trying to work things out. Have you spoken to him about how you feel and the way he's treating you? I say that if it's your desire to try to save the marriage then look into counseling options. I went through hard times with my hubby and was against counseling for a long time, but in order to save my marriage I compromised and it was probably the best decision I made. I know it's hard, you should not be subjected to name calling, I can see why you're unhappy but in all fairness maybe your husband needs to be given a chance to fix the situation, in the journey you may find that there are some things you can work on yourself as well, I know I did. Good luck.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Follow your heart Do you want your son to see you miserable and unhappy?Go to a counselor or take a break Do what you feel is best :) ((HUGS))
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• as women and especially mothers we put ourselves last
    so think about how you would feel if someone you care about was treated this way and then realize that person is YOU
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Splitting up a family where both parties are unhappy will be healthier for your kid, it is better to have two separate but happy parents than two together unhappy.

Answer by older at 4:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You have to think about the situation. if you are unhappy and its not a good home life for your son then you are doing a better thing by leaving then staying and bringing him up in the environment.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If my husband called me a pig....he'd be finding another barn to live in.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 5:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if a dear friend came to you and told you this story...what advice would you give her?
    that is your answer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Leave his SORRY ASS Girl live on your own and be happy doing so. Men dont want us they dont even need us. We are just there crutch for a good time. If you got the money to make it happen then do it!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When you have to ask this question it might be time to call it quits. Only you can decide what is best for you and your son and how much more you can take.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010