Did you know?

That August 3rd is National Night out?

http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno/about.html

Do you have plans? Have you participated before?
Last year I made lemon bars and delivered small plates of them for a few of my neighbors. Basically just talked to each for 5-10 mins. My kids tossed a football and we watched another neighbors kids put on a puppet show.
This year we're going to make zucchini chocolate chip cookies to share.

I'm curious how many cafe moms will participate.

parrishsky

Asked by parrishsky at 4:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never knew that...............It is also my father-in-law's b-day, so we will be at his house celebrating......Maybe we can make it into something bigger?!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have never participated ever before. I feel like I do and do for others but get nothing in return. It's not like my neighbors do anything special for us. I've had a hysterectomy, carpal tunnel surgery and dh has had major back surgery in the 5 1/2 yrs we have lived here and not once has anyone come over to help offer food anything. I used to do a lot for people but then when no one would help me in our time of need I just kind of stopped. I hope for who ever does do this they feel good about doing it though.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I didn't know that. I will be doing a big NOTHING bc the boss called me and basically needs me to do his work for him!! You ladies have fun for me :)
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My HOA is having a big party and cookout at one of our parks with a bounce house for the kids and all kinds of cool stuff.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I never knew about it. Though it won't change anything for me, we'll just be sitting at home watching a movie or soemthing.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is a great idea, a potluck block party sounds in order for next year!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Our townhouse neighborhood is having a cookout,pot luck type of get together. I might go. :-) Not sure.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry moms_angels. That's sad. We have an elderly man across the street from us who we go over and help with yard work and misc stuff. He has meals delivered. I always felt we should help our neighbors whenever we can.... If you lived by me I'd bring you a meal and a dessert!

The program is supposed to be to help fight crime and raise awareness to would-be criminals that neighbors ARE looking out for each other. So to all - go out get to know your neighbors and hopefully by doing so, if they see something suspicious they will look out for you. Plus its always nice to make new friends.
    parrishsky

Comment by parrishsky (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010