Do women's shelters take car seats?

used ones?
I want to donate my sons infant car seat. He's almost done and I don't want to give it to a thrift store, I've been shying away from that since I figure I bought it already, If I don't want it I'll give it away instead of making someone else put money towards it. if that makes sense.
Anyway

then I was thinking if it's a shelter is there even a need to donate a carseat, hence the lack of money to buy a car???

where else would be a good place to donate it to?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• You could also donate it to a local pregnancy center. There are tons of pregnant women that would be greatful to get it!! They have a local pregnancy center in my area that gives away diapers and bottles and such from people who donate them too... good luck!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The only thing you can do is call and ask. I would think they would love to have 1 donated to them. That's a really great idea. Kudos to you for thinking of that=)
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Probably, but it's not a good idea to donate used car seats. They expire and people may say there is no damage, but no one really knows. They also expire. You seem to have a good heart, but it's best to not donate it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's a great place to donate. You'd have to call your local shelter and ask their policy on it though.
    And, yeah, you made perfect sense.
    They could also tell you if there is a need, and if there's not, they could direct you to someone in the area who could use it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010