Does it sound bad or not so bad?

I discovered last night that my son has head lice. He is 15. I don't know where he caught it from, it could've been anywhere. Anyway, I don't deal with things like that on a regular bais, so I don't know. We treated his head and picked through it with the little comb. There was maybe 20 bugs and about 50 eggs. I have been panicking and washing everything in sight! And spraying! I hope it's taken care of! Ick!!! Now I am paranoid that we will still find some!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• head lice comes from having clean hair.so if he did not wash his hair every day he would not have head lice they do not like dirty hair
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 5:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You need to vacuum everything and throw away the vacuum bag or clean out the container. Put the pillows in the dryer on high and pick through his hair again tomorrow. I don't think the combs work very well. I just use my fingernails to pull the nits out!

Good Luck!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you are not paranoid
    wash his hair again
    may need to wash yours too
    bedding not too bad-wash in hottest temp
    the little fuckers do not last too long when not on hair
    but can transfer if mom is combing throu a childs hair
    i would watch your hair closely too

camp/daycare.sleepovers great palces to get lice

good luck, try not to freak out
    wash with the shamppo stuff more than once!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sounds like you've getting it under control. He's had it for awhile if there were actual black bugs crawling around..those are adult lice. It usually just starts with one.So make sure you vacume EVERYWHERE, you can put moth balls inside your vacume bag and it will help kill the lice caught in the bag..but still...make sure to empty the bag asap. ANythign else that you can't wash..tie up tightly in plastic bags and leave for 2 weeks and they will die out. Clean each side of the matresses.
    Redo his hair tomorrow...and I would do everyone elses head just as a precaution.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• make sure u wash his hair (and the rest of the family's just to be on the safe side) with anti-lice shampoo. u can easily get it from a grocery store or any pharmacy (off the counter) .. try to use it atleast once a week till u are satisfied
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, I'd do the same thing, although I have to totally disagree with the first poster. While it's true headlice can be found on clean hair as well as dirty, the majority of headlice I've encountered (and believe me, there have been LOTS!) have been on very dirty heads!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i had it five years ago, i worked as a dishwasher so i washed my hair everyday. but i also rode the public bus everyday. i used this spray for three months straight on all the beds and couch. The kids stuffed animals were sprayied and trapped into black garbage bags for three weeks then had three baths in the washer with really hot water.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2010