Are you getting any really good back to school deals this year?

The sales don't seem that great so far. Last year everyone had things like paper for 9 cents, pencils 10 cents etc. I'm not finding many deals online either. My daughter wears uniforms and it seems like all the prices went up. Last year I got her 6 polos and 4 skirts from lands end for like $50 with no shipping and this year it cost me $116. if anyone knows where the sales are please let us know.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 5:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• Target has great sales right now. Also, I've heard that they are going to be giving an automatic discount this fall if you have their credit card (5 or 10%) off you total everyday.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• For supplies I went to Wal-Mart - I spent $50 for almost $300 worth of stuff (25cents for crayons, markers for $1, notebooks & folders for 15cents, and a lot more). I paid full price for nothing. I got backpacks, shoes, etc, elsewhere - this is just the crayons, markers, notebooks, etc - I stocked up so we have a ton of extras at home for projects and re-supplying them at the semester break, if they need it. I haven't had to shop anywhere else for supplies so I have no idea about other sales (or non-sales).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I haven't found any deals yet either!! My DD's DH works at Land's end!! I think my DD will get a job there!! As for sales. I'm still hoping they're coming.. My biggest deal is shoes. I can't beleivbe how much shoes are. Michael is 5. I can get DH shoes for cheaper.. So I don't know what to say. I too haven't seen the big deals yet here either! Hope you find some! Good Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I haven't even started yet. As far as clothes... the one's my son will wear are never cheap. He always wants designer brands and not even local.. we always have to go to a big mall in a different state so he doesn't have the same stuff as anyone else. As far as school supplies.. every year his teachers give a specific list the first day and anytime I try to buy stuff on sale in advance it's completely useless and his teacher's won't accept it.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• As an add-on.. 6 polos and 4 skirts for 50 bucks?? Wow! I can't get him 6 pairs of boxer shorts for $50! What state do you live in? I swear, I think prices are different in different areas.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i have gotten really good deals this year considering my daughter is going into pre- school but i got her clothes really cheap and her supplies didn't cost me that much either i save a load of money
    Mrs.RobertBlair

Answer by Mrs.RobertBlair at 7:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yeah...i just be shoppin around...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010