IKEA

So i love looking at their stuff on comercials, it looks really good! Is it reasonably priced, does the stuff last? Any one have any experiences with IKEA?! do they have a catalog?! I want to buy quite a bit of stuff for my house and I figured Id spend the money if i can get it to last.

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We LOVE IKEA. My DD self and dresser are from there. bith are very heavy and sturdy. Reasonably prices.

DS loft bed is from there. It has held up for 2 years now and was doing great until his 9 year old friend decided to jump on it (grrrr) a piece cracked but it is still fine.

Our mattress is frim there. It was just what we needed.

WE also have several kitchen tools, toys and dishes we love them all so far.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oh! yes they have catalogs
    But_Mommie

• They do have a catalog, I picked mine up at the store. I love IKEA - and it's like anywhere else, there's some really inexpensive stuff that doesn't last and some very nice reasonably priced items as well.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I just bought a couch, loveseat, some pillows, a couple of lamps and a rug. I think the prices are great and they have a really good warranty. Some things seemed a little cheap like their bedding. they had sheets for 1.99 and they felt scratchy and you could see through them. The restaurant is really good too.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's very reasonable. The thing is, to keep it reasonable, it's way past some assembly required. If you have a dh that thinks directions are for idiots, then you may want to send him away and put it together properly. Without following the directions, things don't last nearly as long.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It is a great choice for a young family. Nothing seems to last too long. At least it is not too pricey and some things look pretty neat. . ....grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We have a few things from Ikea. If you have a store near you, I highly recommend going to the store and checking it out. Their stuff is pretty cheaply priced, and some of it is decent quality, but other stuff is cheaply made and seems like it wouldn't last long at all. We have a bookcase and a shelf we use for our AV equipment and then the crib and changing table/dresser and then a few random things like lights, salad bowl, etc. So far we like the things we have.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I love Ikea! of course some stuff lasts, some doesn't
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a dresser set in my room and it is not made very good. Both dressers are broken. My daughter has a daybed from there and it is sturdy and we love it. So I don't know.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We have a lot of IKEA furniture, you get what you pay for. Dressers, bookshelfs, cabinets and such are mostly pressboard. So it will scratch and wear easily, but the prices are good. I do love the beds for kids, in fact most of the kids furnture is quite nice.
    Emaflea

Answer by Emaflea at 10:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010