Recently broke out in lil bites/rash around my lower cheek and jaw and itches

Today I noticed when I got out of the shower that I had broken out in some type of rash that kind of looks like lil bites along my lower cheek and jaw area. It itches and is bugging me on what brought this on. I'm kind of thinking it could be the new meds I started 2 1/2 weeks ago for panic attacks but I only take when needed(not often) and on antidepressants once a day.Could it be an allergic reaction or something else?I know the dr said it takes 2weeks for the meds to start working. N e one have an idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like hives. Could have been a cleanser, something you ate, a reaction to meds. Put some cortizone on it, and start eliminating things until you figure out what triggered it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if you are on meds i would call doc AND a pharmacist-they know more than docs on med reactions

if you have panic attacks, could you have other symptoms for fibromyalgia

i am in 40s had all these wierd thigs, did not think related until i got on internet medical site, -fibromyalgia, and i have rash ir=tchy things around neck area-not zits, not bites, ..comes on with stress, it is a nerve thing, i mention this because you said panic attacks

but check out the meds you are on-most likely cause, plus at least here it is hot and humid-could be heat rash along with med reaction to heat

hope you are feeling better soon

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It does sound like hives. I got them from dryer sheets years ago, and it took me a month to figure out which thing it was that was causing them. In addition to talking to a pharmacist, think about: have you recently changed detergent, shampoo, conditioner, fabric softener, hairspray...the list goes on and on.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Could it be poison oak?
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010