Can anyone tell me....

Why my husband and i use the same soaps,shampoos etc. and the mosquitoes are only attacking Me! I'm sitting here on the computer with mosquito bites all over, I mean ALL over. I put rubbing alcohol all over me, that stops them for awhile until they find a spot that doesn't have alcohol on it. We'll be watching t.v. and i'm knocking mosquitoes off of me, and nothings bothering him and he looks at me like i'm hellucinating, but he sees the bumps on me. The 14 years i've known him he might have had 3 bumps,maybe. When our pet had fleas, they never touched him but me and my kids got ate up. How can this be. He is so lucky.

mrs2323

Asked by mrs2323 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• My son gets that way from fleas and so does my mother but I don't and I don't know why that is
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think it has to do with a persons blood,lol. Because I am the same way..I mean..mosquitos bother me but I rarely get bitten and my dh can be sittign right next to me and he gets so aggravated from the mosquito bites he'll have to go in the house and I'm like, what are you talking about? lol
    I won't say I've NEVER been bitten..because I sure have but not often at all.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Maybe it's your moisturizer? I have the same problem. My DH gets absolutely no bites at all & if I am out for 5 minutes, I get bit all over. I use Jergens Original moisturizer so I think that's it. BUT! I heard that mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide when you breath out. So maybe we talk more than them so we get bit! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Supposedly there are several reasons mosquitoes go for one person and not another....

http://www.allmosquitos.com/what-attracts-mosquitos/what-attracts-mosquitoes.html

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Your blood is sweeter. wink mini

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am the same way. I get biten by everything while dh is untouched. I think it is something in the blood.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies, those are good responses. Ms.parrish, i say the same thing to my husband.LOL
    mrs2323

Comment by mrs2323 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My mosquito's attack the bottom of my feet constantly. I hate them. I get so annoyed during mosquito season. Last year was really bad and it was right after my daughter was born, we would both get eaten alive by them. This year, it hasn't been too bad.
    I have no clue why, but I wish I could "turn it off" whatever it was that attracted them to me! LOL
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've always heard fair skinned people are more "mosquito prone". Maybe that is why but I don't know what your skin type is so I don't know. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No. Not fair skinned.So that can't be it.
    mrs2323

Comment by mrs2323 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010