Question?

My husband and I are trying for baby number 2. I went off my bc pill in June... I should have started my period on the 27th (my normal 28 days) but I did not and I just started today, 6 days late... For my ovulation should I change my cycle days to longer then 28? I didn't really "try" for my first child so I have no idea how to go about doing it the second time... I know that I can get pregnant right away because of birth control....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• just try EVERYDAY. i mean who doesnt have time for sex with thier spouse. even if its just a quickie. youll both love it and its a sure way to speed up the process a little
    KENZIKISSES13

Answer by KENZIKISSES13 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Trying every day doesn't work, quality sperm needs 2-3 days to build up.
    Yes, your ovulation has changed and it is possible that it is on different days every month. Mine is sometimes on day 20, other times day 22 and anything around these. I have a 32-35 day cycle. Actually for being on birth control, you might not get pregnant right away but it is possible. If you would like to educate yourself on how does your body work throughout your cycle and if you would like to know when are you ovulating without using tests, I recommend the Book "Taking charge of your fertility". It costs no more then 4-5 dollars on Amazon.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 6:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Trying everyday does work me and my husband tried for 3 1/2 years with clomid and then also having sex every other day like the Dr. said but nothing happened. We decided that we would try everyday without meds for a year and then if we didn't conceive then we weren't meant to be parents. I got pregnant 3 months later. My son just turned 2 and I am due with our 2nd baby boy in Dec. My sis in law was told that a lot of people don't get preg. for 6 to 12 months after they stop bc she ended up getting prego after 3 months off the pill. Good luck and have fun!!!
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't know about most people but when I got pregnant with my daughter I stopped taking the pill that month and I had taken the pill for years since I was 17 and I was then 20 but I think it just depends on your body. Maybe do an ovulation test to see if your ovulating again.
    Okigurl

Answer by Okigurl at 4:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010