Do you ever get that feeling....?

...that your dh is hiding something from you?
Normally we have had a good relationship, but we now have a son with a lot of medical problems and it's taken a toll on both of us. A couple weeks ago I noticed my husband had opened a facebook account, but he didn't tell me about it. I just saw him on there, but he hadn't sent me a friend request and his profile is private. I decided to take a look at his email (we share our passwords with each other) and I noticed he had several friends already that I know but one girl that I don't. She's the only one that he had sent a friend request to.

So the other day I decided to causually bring up the topic of facebook. He kind of looked at me blankly and then he hesitantly told me he had recently opened an account. He made up this big story about needing to for work. And then flat out lied that he hadn't invited any friends. I'm having a hard time justifying why he would do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• A woman's intuition is a powerful thing, and the older I get, the more I realize it. Go with your gut, you know something just isn't right. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Womens intuition is always right on the money!

Answer by older at 6:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i'd just ask him about it. tell him you arent mad you just know he invited her and would like to know why he lied.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yup , intuition its there for a reason , ive ignored mine too many times , much to my disadvantage .
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 6:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've never had that feeling cause my dh tells me stuff even if i don't want to know it :P lol but i'm sorry you feel like there's been a breach of trust... be honest and call him out on it, if he keeps lying its only gonna hurt your relationship more :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with Older, she is a very wise lady!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• But answer your question, NO we dont have secrets! We know every thing about one another, plus we dont have things like myspace or facebook!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• did you know you can google his email address and find him on site you might not know about
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I too believe that if you've been with somebody for a period of time you usually can pick up on these things quite easily and be pretty accurate with your gut instincts.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Mine did the same thing but I don't really want to discuss the detail in a public forum. I agree with shanlaree though.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010