How do I get over being so mad?

So my dh went "mediveal" on me this weekend and throw out all my shoes! I'm talking my dress shoes, winter boots, sneakers, casual shoes, sandals, hiking boots, high heels, low heels, everything! At first he wanted to know what I was looking for, what exact pair (to see if I knew how many shoes I had)! I am so pissed, so right now I have a pair of sneakers, a pair of brown casual shoes and a pair of sandals and one pair of black low heel dress shoes (these were all upstairs when he went "mediveal"). This hurts - I may not know what shoes I am missing until I wear a certain outfit and realize the shoes I usually wear with it is gone!

adakbride

Asked by adakbride at 6:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Surrendering to the inevitable - the shoes are gone and you're powerless to controlling your dh's temper. Acceptance that either you're limited to the shoes you have left or he'll be (hopefully) replacing those he destroyed. My Grandmother told me "Baby, don't ever get so used to something that you can't get unused to having it!"
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i dont understand why anyone needs that many shoes, i have 2 pair. but he had NO right to do that. what if you had done something like that to him?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• So wouldn't have happened here. My hubby respects me too much to do something like that. He may tease me about all my shoes, but he would never be such an ass as to throw them out without my permission.

Maybe it's time you cleaned out something of his that he has too many of ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Take something of his to the dump.Tell him when he goes to get his stuff to grab your shoes while he is there.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• He had no right to throw them out. But honestly .. does anyone really need that many shoes?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Wow! That is upseting. Shoes cost money and to just to throw them away like that. Did he put them where you can get them back? I would be mad too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't need that many shoes either. I have like 2 pair of sneakers and then 1 dressy pair.
    Anyhow - it's still your shoes and everyone has some sort of collection or treasure and that was offensive of him.
    And what about the cost! You paid for those shoes even if it was over a period of time and *poof* they are gone.
    He should have known it was better just to keep them!
    jax3

Answer by jax3 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• He took them to the dump! Not the thrift store (at least we could have written it off on taxes!)
    We are talking maybe 20 pairs of shoes. There were some shoes I only wear once or twice a year but still have them after many years. He said just let him know how much it cost and he will buy me new ones. I figure his birthday is coming up and I will buy my first replacement shoes wrap them up nice and give them to him on his birthday!
    adakbride

Comment by adakbride (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thanks ewadun-it's true they are gone!
    adakbride

Comment by adakbride (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yeah, i get teased about not using specific shoes. But, my DH would never throw them away with out begging me too (he has begged me to throw shit away that i don't use often) Yeah...he owes you big time!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010