hi all, please help if you can. My 10 month old grandson refuses to eat lately (still jar food).

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm very worried. He is otherwise in good health.

Thank you
Cindylou

CINDYLOU6639

Asked by CINDYLOU6639 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My babies didn't like all baby food. Some of it really smelled bad and they just didn't take a liking to it. More of it gets spit out than ingested.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Food before 1 is just for fun. The only thing he truly needs is his mothers breast, or bottle.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Both of my kids refused Pureed food after a while. They were both about six months old when they refused to eat it. I switched them back to Formula until they were ready again. My son went right back on it when he was 8 months or so and ate it until he switched to solid food. My daughter will eat it, but doesn't prefer it, so we're just switching her to solid food now. She prefers it and she is a pro at eating it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daughter hated purees. She went straight to table foods. Also, as someone else said, it is not a nutritional need yet. All they NEED is breastmilk or formula. But perhaps he would like a change of pace. My daughter loved black beans even when she first started solids.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• he may just want to eat what you guys are eating try giving him toddler food instead of baby food or cutting up your food and giving that to him
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Have you tasted the jar stuff? I fed my kid that until i did. Then I made him what we were eating only baby size.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• babies never need purees. Do table food and self feeding. Don't worry if he won't eat much. http://www.babyledweaning.com
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• None of my children ate baby food. They all hated it. We delayed solids until around 8 or 9 months and started out w/things like apple sauce, mashed taters, etc. Within a month or so, my kids were eating whatever we were at the table. For the most part, we just cut things up really small. I have healthy, diverse eaters now. Try offering somethings other than baby food. Good luck :)
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Leave him alone. He will eat when he is hungry and/or ready. Are you offering finger foods/table foods that he can feed himself? This is what he needs at this age. Offer the foods, put them on his tray and then the grown ups job is done. If he is hungry and ready he will eat. If he doesn't eat there is a reason, he just can't tell you. As long as he is healthy and happy and growing then that is it!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Could be teething? My son didnt want a spoon in his mouth one time when he was teething. Try soft finger foods so he can feed himself :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010