Will you please share your password secrets with us?

I don't want to know your passwords...lol.
What I am curious about is how other women keep track of all their different passwords for all the different websites and online accounts that they use and do transactions with?

For me, I use a small (4" x 6") address book with letter tabs.
For someplace like CafeMom, I would file it under tab letter C (duh!) and write down certain info: the URL, my screen name, and my password.
Some sites have security questions so I write the answers down exactly as I answered them when I registered because I may forget a space or a capital letter when I need to answer it in the future.

I wanted to share this info because when I lost my memory several years ago I didn't know my email address, the passwords to sites listed under my Favorites, and people were calling me asking why I hadn't been in a group...I didn't remember them or the group. So I vowed to not let that happen again.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 6:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have the same 4 passwords for everything. LOL. I use them all differently though but it's all variations of the same. Seriously though, when I forget, I have to do it, like, 16 times to figure out with variation I used. lol
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use the same password for everything. I know I shouldn't but its the only way remember . I also have the same pin number for all my cards and also for picking up my voice mail.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have them saved in firefox and DH has an excel spreadsheet with all of them as well.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 6:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I know I shouldn't but I have almost the same password for every site.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh Lordy....don't do that, please.
    They say that that is one of the most common ways a person has their identity stolen online....because their passwords were so easily identifiable and typical.
    I urge you to change them to something more difficult...mix in cap letter with lowercase letters and use a number or two....then keep a copy of them stored safely away.
    PrydferthMenyw

Comment by PrydferthMenyw (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Very smart cjsjellybean.
    Did he print out the spreadsheet or save it to disc in case the computer dies? He might want to do that. Saving to disc is better because then he can update it each time he adds or updates the spreadsheet. I think an exterior hard drive for back-ups would be safe, too, but I would prefer a disc.
    PrydferthMenyw

Comment by PrydferthMenyw (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• They also say you should NOT keep it all written down in a neat little book that has everything in it. Most of the social sites CM (cafemom), Twitter, etc have the same user name and similar passwords. I have 2 that I use. My REAL stuff, bank, email, etc all have their own name and unique password. Those user names and passwords are totally different then what I use for blogging, social sites, etc. It's not hard to remember them, especially if it's stuff you access nearly daily.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use the same password for everything because it is easier for me to remember. I have short term memory loss. it is a mix of letters & numbers & something that is near to my heart. I think it would be hard for someone who doesn't know me well to figure out.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• mine is always one of two so I never forget. The secret question thing I always do mothers maiden name or pet name so I never forget that either.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010