How to cope with not trusting your soon to be babies father?

He has screwed me over WAY to many times in the past. Not so much the far past, back in March of 2010. I love him with all of my heart, and I do care about him. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I keep catching him in all these lies, but again they are from the past. Yet he is still lying. I am at my wits end. If anyone wants the full story, then message me.

dre.mommy.to.be

Asked by dre.mommy.to.be at 6:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• sweetie, if you don't trust him, then you do not actually love him with all your heart! Part of love is trust!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is likely going to continue to be a problem for you. Trust is VERY important and you will drive yourself crazy wondering all the time if he is lying to you. Couples therapy, stick with him and his lying or leave him is all I can suggest. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If he keeps lying he will continue to especially if he has nothing to lose. Sounds like he is really immature. I would take a big step back from him and work on you and making sure youre baby is healthy.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Without trust, you really don't have a relationship and love is impossible. Seek counseling for yourself because I doubt that he would go . It really sounds like you're confusing lust with love. If he's interested in continuing the relationship and becoming an active part in your child's future life, he'll be willing to correct his behavior.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• what kind of dad will he be?If you want him to participate as a daddy, for the baby's sake- you'll have to be at least nice to him.My guy lies all the time, but I think he really believes what he says.Even though I know what is true and what isn't.Maybe you shouldn't be in a hurry to marry him, if you are not married now.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No trust=no relationship
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if he's lying NOW about things in the past then the problems are NOT in the past. March is not that long ago. A liar doesn't change and you can't trust someone who is a liar. you're going to let him make you crazy or you aren't.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• have a serious talk with him, let him know that you want to put EVERYTHING out on the table so you can be able to move on without the baggage of his infidelities. there isnt much you can do with a liar who refuses to tell the truth even after theyve been caught.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 7:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's NOT going to get better. You can love someone but choose not to be abused by them. It's only going to get harder with a baby, and do you want your child to learn that behavior, to see you treated that way, and to grow up believing it's ok to disrespect you? Get away from this guy for your own sake and for your child's sake. Loving someone sometimes means not putting up with their garbage.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010