do you ever feel just total utter exhaustion?

my whole body feels lethargic and as much as I need to clean the house right now I just cant get up and move. I've been getting enough sleep ant night and I can feel a little sinus action coming on, but nothing major unless its the start of getting sick. My arms literally feel like 50 lbs just while I'm typing

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 6:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• I feel like this on a regular basis. Mostly thanks to my iron deficiency!!! Doc explained its one of the side effects. Granted i am out of shape, but i get winded walking from the car to my house and i was able to walk MILES without issue. Now even if i sleep 8 hours i wake up feeling like i barely closed my eyes!! I dont seem to have energy to do ANYTHING!!! ugg..its gotta give! I ahte that feeling! GL to you, if you havent yet go get your iron checked!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ugh, I had to do a double-take... it sounds like a question I would ask right now! Got home from camping yesterday and I'm working through the piles of dirty laundry. Still have a bunch of stuff to unpack and it's hot out. I just don't want to MOVE!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I feel like this every once in a while. You could very well be missing something in your diet. I've found that often when I feel like this I . realize that I haven't had much water. I think I get dehydrated easily. I also think the heat has something to do with mine. Sorry you're feeling like that, I know how it can be. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh no!! I'm so sorry you feel that way.. That's not good. Have you been to the Dr. lately? How's your thyroid? Is it too hot? A lot on your mind, stress, ill, a tick bite? Is this new? I'm sorry and I'm hoping you feel well soon. I of course feel every way you've mentioned! Sending you my caring well wishes!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I feel like this also when it's so hot and humid outside-even if I hide in the air conditioner all day long I still feel like I'm dragging. Hope you feel better soon!
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i feel like this all the time, but its because my body cant take in enough nutrition. Try eating a healthy snack and drinking some water, it should help a lot!
    gtwerd

Answer by gtwerd at 1:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I feel this way sometimes. I started a new job and still do most things at home so i often feel so tired i cant even get up or clean but i try as much as i can. But i also forget to eat sometimes and have to force myself to eat or drink something, sometimes that helps.
    samanthar140

Answer by samanthar140 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I feel like that alot! Between the worrying about the bills< kids,work putting dinner on the table and cleaning. Why can't men be a woman for a week and then they would understand how important it is to help out more. This can't be 100% 'mommys' job all the time. We need to keep our sanity to! All the moms with really helpfull husbands, bless you all!
    MamaJo123

Answer by MamaJo123 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I feel like that right now too! In Ohio, the weather's been really weird- which has been hell on my sinuses. I've just been so very tired, I don't feel like doing anything all day long. My hubby's been super helpful but I'm sure even he gets frustrated because I've been so tired lately! I hope you start feeling more energized soon!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• First of all how old are you? With women you have to be careful when you are feeling like this. Heart disease is common and can cause these symptoms as well as to much heat, dehydration, too little vit. B, vit. D, or too little iron. Too little calcium or potassium also. Please see your doctor and get things back on track. I did and I still get a similar day once in awhile, but nothing like it used to be.
    On the flipp side of it being clinical, it can also be psychological. I have bone pain and headaches terrible if I do not take antidepressants. It sounds crazy, but when serratonin doesn't reach the right receptor in the brain it just floats around amlessly and can cause extreme fatigue.
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010