Need your opinion's ladies! Please dont bash!

My dd is 21 months old, and is daytime potty trained with the exception of a accident every now and again. Well we are planning on moving before dec. and i was wondering if i should stop potty training her till after we move, because i hear that they will go backwards if you move or something big happens in there life. What do you think?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope stick with it.. even when you move keep at it.. just dont discipline her for accidents (if you do at all).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just keep on training her. She's doing well. It's not good to backtrack. If she backtracks on her own, then deal with the issue.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think I would stick with it and just be PREPARED that she MIGHT regress a little bit after the move.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, if it happens it happens but as long as she is doing it now, she could very well have it down by then anyway.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would potty train her till u leave dec is far away, are u moving out of state? if not i dont see a reason to stop!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think you would regret that.You'd have her really confused and have to start over again.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• no we are moving 6 hrs away from where we currently live!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would continue to potty train and if there are accidents they are accidents...Just deal with them as they come.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't see any reason to stop. Just be aware she might regress a little when you get there, but you have a few months between now and then, right?. Remember, she may not have any problems with the move.. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• stick with it. it would confuse her alot of all of a sudden it was okay to not pee in the potty. just be prepared for a few extra accidents. and heck, by december she probably will be fully trained with no accidents, thats a long ways away. good luck :)
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010