IPB or nick jr?

I have come to realize that IPB has much better childrens programing for longer - while i am pregnant and tired this helps out. the channel has an excess of programming for children too... its not a bunch of the same things over and over because there isnt enough

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 7:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• While I've loved Nick Jr since I was a little kid, and I love the shows they have on now, PBS Kids has a really great line up, and my kids watch that as much, if not MORE often than Nick.

We also watch some Playhouse Disney, but I'm not much of a Disney Channel fan anyway so... not so much. = )
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• pbs
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I guess I don't know what "IPB" is but I don't really care for Nick Jr. or Disney. We like PBS and also PBS Sprout which is all kids programming all the time.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We have IPB. or PBS. My kids watch that every morning so I can get some stuff done without them on my heals the whole time. My 4 year old plays on nickjr.com for the games.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I forgot to add that I live in Washington state and IPB stands for Idaho public television.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Iowa public television (broadcast) - i think it varies in name by state... its the channel that has dr who most notably for me. otherwise is has a whole mess of other fun british shows and a great line up for kids for most the day here. our nick jr in the summer is only two hours in the early morning. after that is god awful sponge bob.

i watched so much sponge bob i began to hate it so i started looking at the other channels and i now have come to realize that i loveeeee IPB... i havent tried disney. my boyfriends sister leaves that on alll day long. lol yea allllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyy longggggggggggg and i always catch the teen cartoons that are just bad lol
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son watches the NickJr channel that used to be Noggin. It has really helped him learn a lot of things.
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My kids watch IPBS and the like it, when they get to watch tv which isn't much I would rather they watch something with a little educational value.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Our daughter is now 12, but she grew up on Nick Jr. It was educational and entertaining, I started hearing "we are looking for Blues Clues" in my sleep! because she watched Blue every time the show was on. She couldn't tell time, but she KNEW when Blue's Clues was on (3 times a day!!!)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 1:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What's IBP? I prefer PBS Kids, but Nick Jr. also has some fun shows.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010