OMG I am the other woman ...

a few years ago my husband passed away, I stayed single until this past spring when Istarted talking to a guy on Facebook ( my brother and him know each other because they are on the same fire dept. and he seen me on my brothers list and added me) . I have 2 small kids and he also has 2 kids ( 10 & 12) and that they were in the process of getting a divorce ( which both of their profiles and my brother said that everyone knew they were seperated). We finally met up and went out together and he was really great... this lasted close to a month. His wife then said she was pregnant with their 3rd child and they got back together. That was fine because I think that they should be together for the baby and really no hard feelings on my end. But ever since then I have been getting "hate mail" and have been threatened by her and her friends... do I deserve this? What can I do ( also she is a cop & so is one of the friends !)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that is horrible. she should grow up. i would check out what you could do with another police department...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 7:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well you dont think you would be the other women seeing as how they were on their way to divorce, IMO! No you dont deserve that crap i would just change your emal and block her!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would send all the hate mail to her supervisor. It is considered to be harassment.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sounds like she trapped him by getting pregnant again, and you are not the other woman and you don't deserve to be harrassed, hopefully they all get over it soon and move on girls!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you can block her. If you want, you can call the police & say you're being harassed. But, i would wait & see how bad it got. If you save them, you can use it against her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think you should file some harassment suit, that can't be legal.... And no you don't deserve this. I can't stand women going after other women when they should be going after their men. He obviously proceeded you, it's not like you were expecting them to get back together. And obviously he lied to some degree to both of you. It would be different if you were pursuing a happily married man, But that's not what happened.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• wait a minute, you saw this guy knowing he was married? Put the shoe on the other foot.

It's not comfortable, is it?

Woman up, and apologize to the lady. You're both wrong here. If she doesn't desist after that, then go ahead and file harassment charges.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You aren't the other woman at all! Save everything she is sending you and send her an email or call or whatever to tell her that you understand she's upset; however, there is no reason to be acting like this and that you are formally requesting her to stop contacting you, if she doesn't, take out a restraining order against her and see if you can have it include her friends or family from contacting you. If she doesn't comply she can go to jail and I'm sure that would stop everything. You aren't being mean, you're protecting yourself and your family, hate mail quickly escalates into things you don't need to deal with.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sorry for your trouble,but maybe you should have checked him out. Did you know he was married?I think dating a married man leads to nothing but trouble. They most always go back to their wife. He knew he was still married & he is certainly more at fault. I hope his wife doesn't come looking for you. Not much you can do about the hate mail. I'd stay close to home.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If they were separated, how did she get pregnant?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010