If you have more then one kid

Do you put matching clothes on them?

Do you buy toys or treats for each every time?

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my older 2 were little I would sometimes buy them matching shirts and dress them alike. It made it easier to spot them when we were in crowds. When they started to get older they did not like matching so we stopped doing it.
    As for treats-- I limit it. I don't think my kids need treats everytime they go to a store, or they begin to expect it and demand it. (my mom and hubs made that mistake with the little one buying him a toy or treat when they take him shopping -- now he expects it and starts to throw a tantrum if he does not get it. So they are having a hard time breaking him of that! Mummy is "mean" and did not do that so he does not tantrum for me when I say no).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I like matching shirts on the kids when we go somewhere crowded as its easy to keep track then, but I wouldnt do it every day lol.

I try and buy for each most of the time but that gets hard on my wallet, alot of times we let one pick a treat one time then someone else next time.
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my children will me about 2 years apart so i dont think i will dress them to match - on purpose. lol

buying treats though - when i buy something special for one typically i will buy the other when they start to notice especially
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i sometimes put my boys in matching clothes....and yes when we go out and one gets a toy they both get a toy.....u gotta be fair...
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When my twins were younger, I used to dress them alike everyday, even though I swore I would never do it! lol. But it was just easier because then they wouldn't fight over what they were wearing. Now, they are four, and they pick out their own clothes, but sometimes they will still want to wear the same thing. I don't really dress my younger daughter the same as her sisters.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I started wondering about the clothes thing when I changed my profile pic and relized the pic had them all matching LOL!!
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• LOL, no matching clothes on kids; however, I have noticed whatever color (other than pink) that I put on my youngest (which is the only girl) ends up at least on her next older brother, sometimes more than one of them will wear it too. I'm sure it's purely coincidental though.

I do try to keep treats as even as I can which is frustrating because sometimes I have all 7 kids with me and that can be expensive! Sometimes I explain that the younger kids need something to keep them occupied while I'm doing something and the older kids just need to deal and sometimes I tell the younger kids that growing older has perks and that when they get that age they get those things too. But for the most part I keep things pretty even. This year for birthdays the older 5 boys are all getting Nintendo DS's. They all know it already but if we got one or two and not the other ones it would be war in my home.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 7:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No matching clothes and the treats depends what they are and who is with me at the time, it all works out in the end.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No i have a boy and a girl, i will put them in the same color every now and then! They both look amazing in red...and when they get old enough i would never come home with something for one and not the other thats just asking for a war! But now shes still a baby so i spoil him with toys and tend to buy her clothes more than him though!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I do the same shirts when we take family pictures only..I am guilty of buying something for both..I was buying something for each on their bdays as well so that the other one did not feel left out..however now they understand the bdays are a special day so dont do that any more
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010