Do you/will you let your daughter keep her hair long?

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes. my five year old has never had her hair cut.. and it still looks good. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 7:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's her hair, her choice. It's chin length now but if she wants to let it grow, I don't care. So long as she can wash and brush it, I don't care what she chooses to do with her hair.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daughter's hair is past the middle of her back at almost 3. Its a pain in the butt to brush and braid but I love it. I think as long as she lets me brush it out I will be fine with it.
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had butt length hair until age 5...I BEGGED to have it cut and my mom let me get a Dorothy Hammil cut.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• like Kiwi said, it's her hair, it's her choice. Until she's old enough to take care of it herself, I plan on just letting it grow and dealing with brushing it myself.
    But when she's old enough to care for it, IF she doesn't wash it and keep it brushed, I will have it cut off short!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't until they were old enough to wash and care for it on their own

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My twins have never had their hair cut. It is almost down to their butts! My almost three year old has never had her hair cut either, but it is still short.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes my 4 1/2 yr old daughters hair is long and only had a tiny trim.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• can't see why not ! but honestly, my girls want theirs short right now...probably because mine is short...but i don't see a problem with long hair as long as they co-operate with having it brushed.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 5 and has long hair. It is just below the middle of her back. It is up to her if she wants to have it long or short. As long as she does not mind me brushing out the tangles, she can have it as long as she wants. I had hair down to my butt until I was in 7th grade and I loved it so i can't imagine making my daughter cut her hair. She gets trims but that is all.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010