Good protein shake for post workout?

Right now I'm using Jillian's Whey powder, it tastes great but is low in protein, only 15g. I'm looking for one that is fairly cheap, taste good, with high amount of protein(20+). Suggestions?

I was looking online but I'm new to all of this powder business.

ArmyGal

Asked by ArmyGal at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I use one from Walmart. It's $16 a can and it lasts me a good 6 weeks. Sorry I don't know the name off hand but it's in a black and red plastic can. It's really good and tastes really similar to the JM brand. It's 52oz. of protein per serving (I only use one scoop at a time and use 26g protein for recovery). I love the taste. I use it with almond milk and strawberries.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The P90X Recovery drink is awesome to drink after your workout! It really helps you re-energize and it reduces muscle soreness.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• are you trying to build muscle (like body building) or are you just doing weight loss/toning? If you're not trying to be a body builder and bulk up, you don't need protein shakes.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I eat protein bars. They are called "pure protein" protein bars and have 19-25g depending on the flavor. They are very good. I am 99% sure the same brand makes a shake, but I have never tried it.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm using it for muscle repair. Protein shakes are not just for getting bulky and ripped, it helps build lean muscle as well.
    ArmyGal

Comment by ArmyGal (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Jillian's brand is made under pure protein, I'll look and see if they have another one under them lol.
    ArmyGal

Comment by ArmyGal (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Juice Plus "Complete"...Awesome!
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010