I am not sure if i am pregnant or not.

I am sexually active with my partner, we do use unprotected sex and just use the pull out method for birthcontrol since i havent gotten started on birth control yet. i have been trying to think back on when excatly my last period was and i can't remember exactly, i'm pretty sure it was the first week in july. i know for a fact my june's period was on the 6th. for the past 2 weeks i've been having pains in mostly my lower left side and occasionally in my right. i noticed a little bit of tenderness to my breast a week ago but it wasn't really anything that made me think about being pregnant. also for the past 2 weeks i have been sick to my stomach about 3 times during each week. the first week it was in the middle of the night when i was trying to go to sleep it happened again last night but i didn't throw up. later on today i felt sick again and forced myself to throw up but still feel sick. i've taken 2 test but both are -

maria19

Asked by maria19 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• true morning sickness typically doesn't start until you are around 6 weeks pregnant. Breast tenderness is common right before your period. If your June period was around the 6th then your July was probably around the 3rd or 4th and you'd be due for your period right about now, depending on your cycle. Sometimes you don't show possitive until well after your missed period even with the "early" pregnancy tests, it just depends on how much hcg your body is producing.
    I'd wait another week and then go in to see your doctor if you haven't started your period.

*hugs* Hope it goes whatever way you want it to go!
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• may still be too early to get a positive test result (one of my friends never tested positive on a HPT the whole time she was pregnant and her baby was totally fine)...
    i'd wait another week and test again if you still haven't started your period
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you might not be pregnant, or you might be pregnant and it's just too soon to come up positive on a test. i'd probably test everyday until my period started, but you could just wait a week and test. :) gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's probably still too early to tell. Wait a week and if you don't get your period test again. Good Luck :)
    Alexsi1

Answer by Alexsi1 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• thank you so much for all your answers. they helped alot! i talked to some people at work and they told me to wait another week as well for my period to start, and if it hasn't come by than to get another test and if that still tests negative than to go see a doctor. i have had a couple times when i thought i might be pregnant before but they never lasted this long before, i'd go buy a test it would be negative and i would start my period like 2 days later. i hope this week goes by quickly so i can find out! thank you again for all your replies!
    maria19

Comment by maria19 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010